Product Code: 1071019
H-TEC Education's 1-CellRebuildable PEM Electrolyzer Kit contains a Proton Exchange Membrane ElectrolyZer (PEMEZ)that can be completely disassembled and then reassembled especially foreducation and research purposes. The PEM electrolyzer can generatehydrogen and oxygen from de-ionized water (or distilled water) with the aid ofa power supply. This education kit is ideal for students to learn abouthydrogen economy and clean energy technologies. All the tools needed forassembly/disassembly of the 1-cell hardware are included! A power supplyis not included in the education kit. A small and simple power supplythat can provide the following voltage and current values will be sufficient tooperate this electrolyzer cell: 0 V to 2.5 V and 0 A to 5 A.
nan electrolyzer, electrical energy is converted directly to chemical energy viaelectrochemical route. De-ionized water (or distilled water) is suppliedfrom outside to the anode side of the electrolyzer cell and gets converted intohydrogen and oxygen gas. This is also known as electrolysis. In theelectrolysis reaction, at the anode side, de-ionized water (or distilled water)is converted into protons, oxygen gas, and electrons. Protons travel tothe cathode side by going through the membrane used inside the electrolyzercell. Electrons travel to the cathode through the external circuit. At the cathode, proton ions get converted into hydrogen gas.
Themembrane-electrode unit forms the heart of the PEM electrolyzer. Thefollowing reactions take place within it:
Anode: 2H2O 4H+ + O2 + 4e-
Cathode: 4H+ +4e- 2H2
Complete Reaction: 2H2O 2H2 + O2
- Electrode Area: approximately 16 cm
- Electrical voltage input (with room temp. de-ionized water, 20-23 deg Celsius): 0 V to 2.0 V
- Electrical current input (with room temp. de-ionized water, 20-23 deg Celsius): 0 A to 4.0 A
- Current Density (with room temp. de-ionized water, 20-23 deg Celsius): approximately 0 mA/cm2 to 250 mA/cm2
- Electrical voltage input (with slightly warmed de-ionized water, 36-39 deg Celsius): 0 V to 2.0 V
- Electrical current input (with slightly warmed de-ionized water, 36-39 deg Celsius): 0 A to 5.0 A
- Current Density (with slightly warmed de-ionized water, 36-39 deg Celsius): approximately 0 mA/cm2 to 312 mA/cm2
- Requires Commercial distilled (deionized) water with a conductivity of < 2 S/cm
- Max. temperature for de-ionized water (or distilled water) for anode inlet: 60 deg Celsius
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.9" x 3.14" x 3.07" (98 x 80 x 78 mm)
- Weight: 8 oz (225 g)
The provided electrolyzer performance data is only for reference purposes. Depending on the quality of the de-ionized water, temperature of the water, ambient temperature, water transfer method (actively-fed with a liquid pump or gravity-fed), etc., the customers may get slightly lower or higher performance than the ones posted for this particular product.
B- 205, Prime Blue Forest, Rajapallya, Hoodi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560048, India